Sunday, December 28, 2008

Last Christmas Service today

S & I attended a worship service today (Sunday) with my God-sister. She took us to her home church located close by to her condo. The church reminded me of the church (in some ways -sorry it is hard to explain) like we used to attend before we left our home state for seminary. As I sat between her and S, it seemed like old times again. During Communion, even the communion wine was the same kind that we used at our old church. The sites, taste and smells was like coming full circle with the three of us there. Would have loved to have had our children and grandchildren there with us. So, today we attended our last worship service for 2008.


After the worship service, we ate more seafood and then came back to her condo, changed clothes and headed downstairs to the beach. It was a beautiful day! Even the pelicans cooperated briefly by doing a couple of fly-bys. Unfortunately, I had put my camera down to journal and missed capturing it on film. Oh, but there is always tomorrow. One of the most amazing things was how the sun danced on the water. I wrote in my journal that it looked like God had poured glitter from Heaven and with every move of the water, it glistened more.


Check out the photos from today...


No comments: