Friday, May 8, 2009

Sisters


No telling when this picture was taken, only know that the picture was taken at my dad's home at Christmas. It seems so long ago and so miles and memories have come and gone since then.
This week my sister, C, called me. Not literally picked up the phone and dialed my number, but her son, J, dialed for her. This happened because J asked my sister, C, if she could identify who was in a picture that he showed her. She said that she could and said it was, "it is my sister." Then J asked her if she knew my name and she said, "Yes, it's S." J then asked if she wanted to call me and she did, so he did! The sound of her voice immediately brought tears to my eyes. How I had longed her hear her voice. We visited for a little while and then she grew tired and needed to go. Just a week previously, I had called her cell phone and her husband was unable to get the call so her voice mail picked up. I immedately began to cry but through it all, thanked my brother-in-law for not answering the phone so that I could hear her voice once again. We both wept at that!
So, this week has been a good week. Not only could she remember my name, she remembered that we are sisters!!!
Thanks so much for your prayers! God is most definitely responding to them!!!! C continues to improve each day!

1 comment:

C. said...

You should post one of the pics from your childhood with KK. Reliving memories is just as important as making them...