Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yes, All Over Again


Today is not just Sunday. It is S & my 40th anniversary. Today was my first day back to church after an absence due to surgery. Before S began his sermon he said that he was going to take a moment of personal priviledge. It was then he began to tell of his love of me and how he loved me more today that he did the day he married me. People began to turn and look at me (yes, I was blushing) and then at the end of his comments, the church broke out in applaude. How I love this man!!!!
Would I not only pledge but freely give my heart and life to him again? Absolutely!!!! Today as we bowed our heads at lunch S thanked God for the wonderful 40 years we had shared together and asked God for 40 more. To that, I gave a resounding, "Amen!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! And what a lovely wedding photo!!! Glad you are back at church again!