Tuesday, March 30, 2010

R-E-M-E-M-B-E R

One of the most precious gifts of my being home is having the "God time" in the morning before heading into my day. For so many years, I rose with so much whirling in my mind and trying to anticipate what needed to be at the office. However, now, I am able to crawl into my Heavenly Father's lap and let Him not only speak into my heart but sing over me. (Zephaniah 3:17).

On Monday, God gave me a word to mediate and in the word was a hidden meaning. God wanted me to mediate on the word and see if I would discover His hidden treasure tucked lovingly in my heart. So, I began to pray that God would give me His insight into the word and it's hidden meaning.

One by one the letters fell onto the page. Quickly going to my dressing area where my pen and paper lay waiting, the letters formed onto the page. Some of the letters came quickly while others waited to be discovered.

Continuing to pray, the words came and the direction for each letter was made known. On the paper it read as follows:

R - rid myself of unnecessary baggage.
E - emulate Christ to others.
M - mention Christ to others - tell my story.
E - enemies - pray for them daily.
M - miracles still happen - look for them.
B - believe - all things are possible with God.
E - expect God to move when I pray.
R - read my Bible daily and commit what I read to my heart and spirit.

Later I shared the results of this holy treasure hunt with Steve. He was so affirming and said that it sounded so right! In fact, he said, "Wow!"

Thank you, Father, that you are who you say you are; you can do what you say you can do; we are who you say we are; Your Word is alive and active in us; we can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us - We choose to Believe God - and Remember!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great way to keep God front and center! Awesome listening, Sandy!

C. said...

Love it, mom. Thanks for stating it so simply and beautifully.