Thursday, April 15, 2010

Important Tip! - The Right Tool for the Job

Have you ever thought something was a good idea only to find that it wasn’t? Such was the case for my impromptu ice breaker.

Since I have my own home-based business now, I am constantly trying to think of innovative ways to save money. One such brilliant idea came out of sheer necessity! You see there is nothing like a Sonic Cherry Coke… and, more importantly…nothing better than Sonic ice.

So, in order to save $$$ for the past few months, I have purchased the ice by the bag at Sonic. This is truly an economical tip, by the way! However!!!! When in the freezer, the bag of ice tends to bunch up and harden. It merely needs a gentle tap to break the cubes apart and they fall wonderfully am effortlessly into your waiting cup right before your eager eyes.

Yesterday I came home from a doctor’s appointment with some not so great news. I needed a pick-me up. Satan was really playing some mind games with me and I kept telling him that I was not about to play with him. What I really needed was a Cherry Coke with Sonic ice to tip the scales on my mental game and get me sharp and at attention!

The plan to get sharp was a good one! I grabbed my cup and headed to the freezer in our garage to retrieve the medicinal ice. My spirit was high and my plan in place! All was going great until my impromptu ice breaker broke! I mean it literally broke in half and what appeared as sawdust flew everywhere!!! It was in my hair, in the door of the freezer, on my face and clothes. Miraculously, it missed my cup!!!

Putting my ice breaker on Steve’s workbench (where it originally was discovered), I quickly grabbed a microfiber towel (Tim the tool-man lives at my house!) and quickly cleaned “what appeared to be sawdust” off the freezer and me. What a mess!!! A little stressed because the ice was waiting for the rest of the ingredients, my plan for alertness was somewhat stalled. Not completely without a workable plan, I found one of his hammers. That would make the job quick, easy and in short order.

After filling my cup with the delicious ice and retrieving a cold Cherry Coke from the refrigerator, I put the cup filled with my mental repairing nectar down to check the damage suffered to Steve's stick - my ice breaker. It was very old and weathered and it has a really old label on it. Funny, I had never noticed that before.

As I read the label my heart stopped! Then, I began to laugh out loud! Seriously, I laughed until I cried because I knew at that moment that God surely had a super-duper guardian angel covering me and keeping me safe. Why should I worry about the silly thing satan was trying to convince me buy into when it was obvious that God was in the house and on the job! The label on my impromptu ice breaker read, “Highway Flare!” Who knew????

I called Steve at the church and, as best I could say calmly to keep him from total worry and shock, I simply and calmly explained what happened and oh by the way, this is what it was…is that okay..I mean…can I just leave the stick in the garage with this powder all over the bench…or do I need to put in the yard…what do you think I should do?? After a moment of silence Steve told me to just leave it there and he would handle it after we got home from church.

Maybe that explains the Mucho Grande margarita he had for dinner….

I’ve asked for an ice pick for Mother’s Day.

1 comment:

C. said...

Oh, mom! LOL! This is proof that God has a sense a humor...he probably waited as you picked up your ice breaker and tapped Jesus beside him saying, "Son, son, wait....just watch..." Followed by uncontrollable laughter. ;) Love it!