Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Leaf - A Cross - A Sign

Last week, Steve and I were given the opportunity to stay in a remote cabin. This cabin seemed to be held in the midst of a stand of trees. It had been a very hectic week and we both were worn passed exhaustion.

Many times God shows me His presence through the lens of my camera. This afternoon, I really needed to see God. I really needed to feel His presence. So I grabbed my camera and struck out on the path. It was as though I was standing in a waterfall of leaves. Every where I turned, the trees were surrender their leaves. The
leaves, in turn, cascaded down ever so lightly as the wind moved them on their way.

I remember thinking how much I really needed to feel God's presence. My head was
turned down and I was near tears. My heart had been broken and the pain that
filled my heart was the pain that I knew only God could heal. Just as I lifted my foot
to take another step, there in front of me was a leaf in the shape of a cross. I stopped in mid-step and just stood looking at the ground beneath me. I lifted my camera and took this picture.

Isn't God amazing? The scripture that even the rocks will cry out to praise God immediately came to mind. Seeing this cross brought me to my knees. God was present. There in midst of falling leaves, I found God waiting for me. His imprint so clear that I couldn't miss it.

When you feel discouraged, or your heart is heavy with pain, look down, look around from side to side, and look up. God is there...all around you! The God who watches over you and me never sleeps nor does He slumber.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: