Monday, January 3, 2011

My 2011 Mission Statement

I will try to do my prayer walking faithfully. (See past blog). I will try to read the "Prayer of Release" daily (it is taped to the outside one of my kitchen cabinets. This is because I am pretty sure that I have allowed something back into my worry zone in the past 24 hours. I will try to make our home an oasis. That means clutter-free to the best of my ability with God's help...it will take that, I promise! I will try to be more hospitable to those who need a respite (that includes me and my family). And finally, I will try to honor God by sharing with others the abundance of blessings that He pours out daily (that includes talents He has given me such as culinary, music, art and laughing...a lot). The key words for 2011 are faithfully...daily...clutter-free...with God's help...respite...honor...sharing.

5 comments:

It's Grace said...

I love the idea of a mission statement, that is a great idea. Your statement about your "worry zone" is great, it reminds me that there are some things I have no business worrying over or being afraid about, they are God's. A great reminder, thank you.

Happy new year,
Erin

Nani's Place said...

Thanks, Erin. It really helps to read the "Prayer of Release" daily. I used to have a sign on refrigerator that read, "I will be handling things today. Love, God" The "Prayer of Release" (and I read it outloud) helps me to own my words and also proclaims God's greatness! Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are here! For everyone who doesn't know, this sweet lady is my mother-in-law, but I'm just calling her mom now.

I love this post and how you captured the key words at the end. It brings it all together.

Anonymous said...

Well Hello Jen's mother-in-love :o) Welcome!!

What a great idea! I love a good mission statement and what you have done here is wonderful :)

Tiffini said...

love all the grandkids by the way...I have 2 with one on the way:) I'm glad your here too:)
Mission statements help us keep our focus...good idea:)